Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First post on Psalm 67 Mission trip

Lots to post and no time to type

8/4/2012

Actually its probably just that I've not made time to. Its been three weeks now of camp at Bates Creek and VBS/mission trip here in Texas and I am getting somewhat tired of feeling tired, but I want to try to update and get back on track.

I am going to post out of order a little bit I think. I will save the Bates Creek camp photos and stories for later and skip to the team in Texas up dates for now.

The Team to Texas this time consists of Aaron Sutton, Sarah Weber, Kim Lee, Gennie Jackson, Rick Clausel, Daniel Noah and me.
We did VBS Sunday (July 29th) through Wednesday (August 1st) with Primera Bautista San Juan (First Baptist San Juan) which is a church we made new contact with in the area. They are actually meeting in Donna (one town east of San Juan) because their building was condemned by the government.
It is Saturday now. We've been very busy during our time since Wednesday and I will fill you in on some of the details (I have a list of items to mention).
First though I wanted to mention some of the details of the trip as a whole. We have been very blessed in many ways. In many ways this trip and VBS has gone smoother and has been more organized than before. With the VBS we had help from the church members every day allowing Aaron to teach an adults class every day evening that we did VBS (we had VBS from 6:30-9:00pm). We have been very blessed by both the members of the church Primera San Juan and by all of our family in Christ here. One of our struggles this trip has been financial. With not having Rachel Sutton here to fix us good food to keep us going the girls came into this trip with the mindset that they were going to be fixing all the meals for the group. Well the Lord had other plans for us. We have been so blessed that I don't think we've bought or made a single breakfast for ourselves and so much of our other meals have been provided for each day. It has become a joke almost for our group "Well of course you can invite us to breakfast! We've not had to make a single breakfast yet for ourselves. Why should we start now?" lol!
That's what happened this morning. We were invited back to have breakfast with some of the members of Primera San Juan we've grown close to. We wanted to spend some more time together before we left for the north tomorrow.

OK there's more to tell of the blessing, but also I want to share some of the struggles of this trip. For me.
Also there are many needs we've run into with the families here. But God is good!

Right now though I need to go pick up the team at the border. They should be crossing back into the USA in a few momentos.
I need to share a prayer request when I get back to this. I no longer have my camera or my passport in my possession. The probability of getting them back at this point is very slim to none. But God can take care of that as well. Hasta luego...

8/7/2012
... Ok, so we are back from the border now. We are all the way home now actually. In Missouri. Our trip back went well. Now I am trying to get back into routine while at the same time finishing thing that need to be done from the trip.

Instead of trying to make one long post about everything though. I am going to try making shorter posts. Remember I have no camera or pictures from this trip so I am going to try and be a little more descriptive (pray for me!). Where others from the team have written or have posted pictures about the trip I will point these out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment