Friday, June 1, 2012

Support Letter

I am going to post here the support letter I just sent out. So you may have already received this (and I hope you will read it :) 


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Please support me as a member of the body of Christ. Your prayers are needed. Your support as the living, breathing, active, and fit for every service body of Christ, is needed!

On June 7th, by the Lord’s grace, I will leave for Mission Texas for a two month internship under Psalm 67 Missions Network. For the month of June and the first two weeks of July I will seek to, serve the local church, reach the community with the Gospel, and complete the study assignments given me by Psalm 67.
These things will take many different forms including but not limited to: driving a bus all over the town of Mission (which I now know better than any other town in the world) to pick up kids, teaching sunday school to the kids, discipling and teaching the older boys/young men, visiting families with other church members, mowing grass, going to Stripes for tacos, and much more!

So, I need your prayers! Pray that I will stay disciplined in my work, that I will be a diligent student of the living word of God, and that God will use me to bless this town and this church in Mission Texas. I will be meeting with Aaron Sutton each week via internet video conference for accountability reports, to give updates about the church and work being done, and for intructions for the coming week. Also each week I will be a meeting with Dr. Whitehouse, who is both a seminary professor and the Pastor of a local church in a neighboring town.
In June, I will be meeting with The Rio Grande Bible institute for two full days of interviews. (This is the next step in the process of my application to serve  as a videographer at the school.)
As soon as I am done with this letter I am going to revive my blog www.servantphotographer.blogspot.com and I will be using this to update all of you about events and prayer needs.

This internship is going to be a new experience for me, and I am certain that there will be many spiritual as well as physical challenges. However, I believe that more than any physical preparation that can be made, entering this challenge with the right heart attitude will be key.  If God is recognized as supreme, sovereign, and worthy of all the praise and service I can give - if God is seen as the center of all - then any challenge I face will be overcome in His strength. But! If I rely on myself, look to my weakness, or let any kind of pride work its way in, making me either lazy, or cowardly; then this could get very bad, very fast.

PLEASE! Pray for me along these lines this week as I prepare, and then in these next two months as the Lord does something new with my life.

The budgeted cost of this internship is $1500. This includes travel, supplies, and practical living expenses. If the Lord leads you, please contact Debbie Ferrell to donate. You can email her at artistdf@sbcglobal.net

Pray that in all things I would bring Him glory and honor!

3 comments:

  1. Billy,
    We really appreciate your servant attitude during your visit to Asia. You were so eager to serve and do whatever it took. Jen and I will be praying that others can see and get behind you. If you are in Taiwan be sure to get in touch.

    in Him,

    Tim & Jen - Church planting in Taiwan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy,
    We really appreciate your servant attitude during your visit to Asia. You were so eager to serve and do whatever it took. Jen and I will be praying that others can see and get behind you. If you are in Taiwan be sure to get in touch.

    in Him,

    Tim & Jen - Church planting in Taiwan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Tim! and I still pray for you World Teamer's in Asia! It was so awesome spending time with you guys and I appreciated how real you were. I was able to see and understand a lot more because of the honesty, even though I did not get to spend any time on the field with you guys (yet!).

    Will definitely be looking you up if the Lord ever moves me to that part of the world again.

    ReplyDelete