Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blessed by my family in Wisconsin

I was blessed tonight! I have arrived in Wisconsin and spent the evening in worship, bible study and christian fellowship at the home of the family I am staying at. It was awesome to see how the living room was also the fellowship hall for dinner, and then transformed into the sanctuary for worship. I was very blessed by the word too. 1 Cor 1:4 is was stood out to me most.    
and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power   
I need to learn this demonstration of the Spirit and of power. I thought about how it is so easy to stumble into pride thinking that it will be through my words of wisdom that someone is changed but really is only be the Spirit. The topic of pride and bringing the message really resonated with me tonight because I have been think on how do I respond to people and discuss with people over the internet, people who I know will never change their position (whether they be mormon or muslim or baptist) based on my arguments. So how do I demonstrate the Spirit and the power of God?


So know that I am blessed. Pray that God would continue to bless us and prepare us for the conference that starts on Fri. 


I did get some video of us worshiping a little and some video of hillbilly pingpong with a plank for a table and some plastic for a net. I felt cheap just slapping the footage together and putting it up so I am going to wait and see if I can get something together tomorrow. That is a downside to video as opposed to photography. It takes more time to make it look right.


Pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment