Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Computer is back! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

My computer is back up and running. Praise the Lord! It took a lot of work, but I was able to do all the work myself (with a helpful start from my dad and the use of the command prompt). Right now all the video and photos are being copied back to the computer from an external hard drive.

So while the computer was down I shared an update through email using Gary Northcutt's computer (thank you very much Gary!).  I would like to post that update now for anyone who didn't get the email...


Hello Church family,

I am emailing from Gary's computer because last night mine would not boot.  It does not look good so please pray that I will be able to at least get my video and photos off it once I get home. This also means I will not have those videos ready for a while and this is the last update from me.

Today was a good day of work but we did not get the house finished like we had anticipated. We still have about two hours of work left. 
Oh Yeah and we did get to go to the dedication of the second house we completed. That was yesterday. AND the house we just got done with this week, we will have the dedication for that one and the house we are on now tomorrow morning.  SO we are leaving early tomorrow at 6:15 or so so that we can get the house done before the dedications.  It is pretty awesome that we will be able to have three dedication when a two days ago I didn't know if we were going to see any of them.

The dedication we went to was good. Worship, hymns, and preaching of the gospel. It was not translated this time because we want nothing to hinder the sharing of the gospel to the home owners.

The story of the home owner who's house we are doing know is the craziest of any of them so far.  I'll have to tell you most of it another time, but two things now. Many of this couple's neighbors were killed. There are many places where there used to be houses where now it is empty. The other thing is this guy is a seaweed farmer. When the earthquake hit he actually got on his bike and headed to the sea to try and save his boat. I'm not sure what he realized at first and what he did not, but once he got the sea he saw for himself that he was in big trouble.  I'll have to tell the rest later.

Pray for us! Last two days! We will be leaving the base Sun. and then leaving Tokyo Mon.
Also Pray for Earl who is part of our team. He will be staying for another two weeks after we leave.  Pray for Japan that God's grace would continue to pour out here his Spirit would come alive powerfully here in the local church.  Pray for our team and for our churches as we come back and share about Japan.  Samaritan's Purse has been very pleased with our work, and each one of us is invited to come back as soon as the Lord would lead us.  Pray for more workers to come and continue the work that is being done. 

Each day we see and hear the reports of the love that is being shared and the relationships being formed between the workers and the home owners, and then from that the relationship between the home owners and the local church that is starting to grow here.  

You know, one more prayer request. Sorry for so many. I am kinda burdened for all the staff here.  They are kind of like their own little family away for their family.  Many of them have been here from 2 months to 6 months and will continue to stay on till March.  They all are seeking the Lord. They love to work for his glory, and alot of them don't really have a clue what they will do after this is over. They just want to serve the Lord however he leads them.  So please pray for the staff that God will continue to be their strength and that he will give them sweet times during the holidays coming up. 

Alright! Will be seeing the USA soon!

Billy  Jackson

Please remember to pray for my computer! I really would like to have my video and photos of the trip back. I had plans for them.


...



Also Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Including you people in Japan! :-)  I will be praying for all you guys in Japan that you will have a very blessed Thanksgiving.  I think it is cool that for some of you it will be your first time.

Sorry there are no pictures or video for this post.  Once I get things sorted on my computer I will try to get back to video editing. Pray for that to please. The video news package for my collage class is due next Tue. My instructor has graciously given me more another week or two after that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment