Saturday, April 2, 2011

Current happenings - "Hoop Fest 2011"

Last weekend Rockport baptist church got to take two teams to the annual Sports Crusaders Hoop Fest (four on four basketball tournament) in Springfield MO. www.sportscrusaders.com  I went for extra help AND to take pictures. It was an awesome time. It was a three day trip so we got to spend plenty of time together playing basketball and sharing the gospel.
Sports Crusaders takes a mission trip each year using basketball as a way to share the gospel. And they choose boys from the tournament, based on Christ-likeness and athletic ability, to go with them. It was awesome to see many kids from our two teams chosen.
Besides just taking pictures for our church at the tournament Tricia Albert the executive director asked me if I would take the photos of the winning teams. They usually write an article on the tournament for the Pathway newspaper, so my pictures will probably be in there soon. They also asked me if I would be interested in taking some pictures of their summer sports camps for a brochure they want to make. AND they asked how much I would charge (always an exciting question). I have to get more details and look into in, but I am thinking about asking them if they would take me on their summer mission trip.


  • Praise God for the chance to serve at the Hoop Fest, and for the chance to share the gospel with the boys on the trip.
  • Pray that God would lead me to and through this further opportunity to serve Sports Crusaders and those they are trying to reach with the gospel.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the games. You can see the rest of the best in the slide show on the side bar. (you can click it to view larger)




No comments:

Post a Comment